Re: [multimachine] MM Book licensing [was: Re: MM stuff I am doing/sanity check]

    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 30, 2007
      At 09:22 PM 6/30/2007, you wrote:
      >Agreed... and copyright in the U.S. currently weighs in at time of
      >death + 70 (or 90) years. It would be tied up past all our lifetimes.
      >Just as Pat, as sole copyright holder, could re-license the book
      >under any terms he pleases, his estate could do the same.

      Which is why I suggest that the copyright be done before that
      time. If Pat's will contained a clause that the copyright would not
      be changed, the problem is solved.

      David G. LeVine
      Nashua, NH 03060
    • Tim Schmidt
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 3, 2007

        If you could humor me, and watch this video for as long as you can,
        Eben Moglen does a much better job of explaining why licensing is
        important for a project like this one:

        http://www.archive.org/details/EbenMoglenLectureEdinburghJune2007StreamingVideo384kbits

        --tim