Re: Poverty

    Message 1 of 45 , Dec 4, 2006
      No Ron, It's usually me and my sermonizing that shuts things off.
      Fortunately somebody usually comes along to save me from myself.

      Pat
      --- In multimachine@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Moore" <ron@...> wrote:

      > Gosh, I was afraid it was something I said about the VM that caused
      the quiet. To me, our involvement (and enjoyment) here is the
      challenge to fabricate with what is available. It's neat to see what
      can be done when we get creative. We, the US, seem to have some of
      the more creative or innovative. This from a comment of an engineer
      at a Japanese owned tire plant locally. The Japanese engineers could
      make any machine work to the best of its capability. They would come
      in, evaluate a system, do a lot of measuring, calculating and meetings
      to consider it all. Then the work would begin to "tweak" the system.
      An American engineer would come in, evaluate and toss the whole thing
      with a replacement system with much greater capability. This may or
      may not always be the best solution but just a comment on different
      approaches. Maybe we enjoy a defined challenge here more than other
      societies. Whatever, if we can design a functional device with
      salvage parts, great. If others in the world can use this
      productively, even better.

    • so_soapy
      Message 45 of 45 , Dec 15, 2006
        --- In multimachine@yahoogroups.com, "Orca" <orca.pacific@...> wrote:

> [...]