Rocket Stove Design info

  • kwolson2002
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2006
      Guys -

      I have uploaded two files on Rocket Stove design to the
      multimachione_library group's "Files" here:

      _Design/

      One file has a tabulated dimensioning guide for differently sized
      cooking pots (these stoves are sized to a particular pot - most
      people in impoverished areas will only have one or two good cooking
      pots, so this isn't as awkward as it seems to those of us in more
      well-to-do areas).

      The other file gives more background and design rationale for these
      stoves.

      Rocket Stoves are mostly made from sheet steel and simple structural
      steel shapes. Hardly more than a welder, tin snips and a hacksaw or
      cutting torch would be needed to make the more basic versions of
      these stoves. The slip rolls and other sheet metal tools from the
      India group could be helpful, but don't seem neccessary. I have a
      couple of other files (that I haven't uploaded) which show baking
      ovens and so forth, also designed on the same principles, which are
      partially constructed of brick as a structural member, making them
      more involved and requiring a bit more in tools and other skills
      than metalworking.

      I hope these will be helpful to someone. These stoves would seem to
      be ideal projects for a bush machine shop.

      Kevin