RE: [multimachine] Tap Drill Size Question - Multiple Group Posts

  • Salisbury, New Hampshire
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 25, 2006
      Message
      Thank you Peter.

      BC

      -----Original Message-----
      From: multimachine@yahoogroups.com [mailto:multimachine@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Robert Burger
      Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2006 6:50 PM
      To: multimachine@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [multimachine] Tap Drill Size Question - Multiple Group Posts

      If there are no tap drill charts available to you then a rule of thumb for finding the tap drill size is divide 1 by the nuber of threads per inch and subtract that from the drill size that clears the hole and you have the tap drill size for your hole.

      If you want to tap an .875-20 hole in aluminum then divide 1 by 20 (tpi) = .050 and subtract that from .875 = .825 is your tap drill size for threading the hole.

      Peter sanders <psanders@...> wrote:
      Hi

      On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 04:00:59 +0800, Salisbury, New Hampshire
      wrote:

      > I need to tap a hole in aluminum for .875"-20 NEF. Does anyone here know
      > where I can find the recommended tap drill size?
      > Regards,

      I grab a drill and the thread in question betweeb my thummb and forefinger
      and adjust the drill size until I get that "just right" feeling :D and go
      with that - experience I guess.

      --
      Regards

      Peter

      Outgoing emails scanned by Trendmicro Internet Security

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/JJTolB/TM

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Yahoo! Groups gets better. Check out the new email design. Plus there’s much more to come.