Re: [multimachine] Invention

  • Scott Larson
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2006
      Team,
          The following books get decent reviews:
      Nolo Press books about Patents

      The URL: http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=br_ss_hs/002-5823297-5572012?platform=gurupa&url=index%3Dblended&keywords=nolo+patent&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go

      Hope that helps.
      -Scott

      "David G. LeVine" <dlevine@...> wrote:
      One approach to any patent challenge is to publish early and
      often.  Prior art will demolish any patent, publishing before a
      patent proves it.

      Microsoft would try to bury you with attorney fees, but the simple
      publication before the patent sure helps prevent the suit.  Any
      attorney worth his salt will cringe at the damages for which you can
      counter-sue.

      Dave  8{)

      >Many have varying views on the topic of patents.  Here's a link to a
      >(seemingly) extreme viewpoint, which I happen to respect for its
      >logical approach and "facing reality" point of view.  Rather than
      >paraphrase it, you can read it yourself and decide which opinion you
      >take.  All the best... with the knee and your ideas!

      Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever.

      - Brian Wilson

    • JC (2jays) Johnson
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2, 2006
        Darn, I meant to respond to this yesterday, and had a brain-freeze!

        Take a look at http://inved.org

        These folks have been extremely helpful to me and many others.

        Johnny