Sketchup questions

  • rigmatch
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 28, 2014

      I really feel stupid but...

      How do I make a 90 degree joint between 2 pieces of pipe?

      How do I make a lengthwise1/4" slot in a piece of 1" pipe

      Pat

    • Gordon Haag

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 29, 2014
            On 08/28/2014 05:15 PM, rigmatch@... [multimachine] wrote:

            > How do I make a 90 degree joint between 2 pieces of pipe?
            >

            > How do I make a lengthwise1/4" slot in a piece of 1" pipe

            First answer: It depends, when welding, cut the ends at 45 degrees and
            weld. Otherwise, use a 90 degree pipe fitting.

            Second answer: It depends, if you have a drill and a file, drill a
            series of holes and file to fit. If you have an angle grinder, plunge
            in and grind to shape. WITH A MILLING MACHINE... Did that help?

            advice."

            Bill Cosby
          • Gordon Haag
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 29, 2014

              I believe he was talking about Sketchup.

              Gordon

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 30, 2014
                Thanks guys
                It was a Sketchup question.

                I can draw sorta ugly slots and pipe joints but I REALLY NEED a tutorial for these things that does not need expensive plugins.

                Pat