Amazing engineering

  • rigmatch
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 14, 2014

      Dodge has a new 707 hp., 200 mph. 4 door sedan and I would love to see how the transmission is designed and built. But the engineering behind the transmission in our local garbage truck must also be stunning! Every Tuesday and Friday I look forward to hearing the transmission cope with insane acceleration between garbage cans!

      pat

    • chris green
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 14, 2014
        No transmission, but here's an exploded view of the Hellcat Hemi:

        http://stblogs.hotrod.com/files/2014/08/hellcat-hemi-exploded-view-top1.jpg

        :-)

        Chris.

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 15, 2014
          Many thanks Chris
          Just beautiful!
          Pat
        • StoneTool
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 15, 2014
                I drove one of those outrageously powerful Mustang Cobras modified in Vegas to pump out 700+ HP the day it was purchased ........new off the showroom floor a few years ago when a friend bought it.   With traction control to prevent wheel slip, I accelerated out of the church parking lot wide open full throttle, and by the time I passed the next driveway a very short distance down the road, the speedo was passing through 140 MPH!!    I decided that was fast enough, and decelerated down to 65, only to meet the county sheriff (a neighbor) coming home, seconds later.    Two lane highways here (Montana) are posted 70 fortunately, unlike the absurd speed limits in places like Oregon.
                Horsepower is exciting........ that adrenalin rush when you are slammed back in your seat by the G forces is better than sex!!   But I don't need toys like that!!   The car lasted a month before it's first deer hit, a predictable event here where deer are thicker than mosquitos on the Amazon!   The owner has slowed down considerably since then.  Slamming into a whitetail at 100+ mph and having it go clear over the top is a wake up call for sane people!!

                                                                                                                                                                                    Howard

            On 08/14/2014 06:54 PM, rigmatch@... [multimachine] wrote:

            Dodge has a new 707 hp., 200 mph. 4 door sedan and I would love to see how the transmission is designed and built. But the engineering behind the transmission in our local garbage truck must also be stunning! Every Tuesday and Friday I look forward to hearing the transmission cope with insane acceleration between garbage cans!

            pat

          • Nick Andrews
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 15, 2014
              But if it was built be Dodge it won't run anyway.  Now if Cummins built it...

              --
              Nick A

              "You know what I wish?  I wish that all the scum of the world had but a single throat, and I had my hands about it..."  Rorschach, 1975

              "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

              "Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them." Bill Vaughan

              "The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
            • Stan Stocker
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 15, 2014
                If it's the silly 9 speed auto they are babbling about I figure it's
                just so four still work after a few weeks. I'm not a dodge fan myself,
                can you guess?

                Take care,
                Stan