Kerney & Trecker Autometric multimachine

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 27, 2014
      Pat and Shanon,

      Take a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXDOvAa6Mus and see an
      industrial equivalent of a Multimachine. I have never seen a machine
      like it.

      advice."

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 28, 2014
        Dave,

        Thanks for the link. I had not seen that video before. I follow Ox Tools
        from time to time. I saw the video of the day he picked up that machine.
        He was given the K & T for moving it off a property. But, the guys
        get it to where it is in that video, all documented on his You Tube channel.

        Near to me there was a Japanese built multimachine. I forget the brand
        name but it was a big industrial lathe with a vertical mill built in to
        the head end of the machine. I did some research on Tony's site and
        found several others that were made in that configuration. The customer
        most interested in such machines was usually someone pressed for space,
        like shipboard shops.

        --I've taken to using Mr. because my name misleads folks on the WWW. I am a 58 year old fat man.

        On 7/27/2014 7:58 PM, 'David G. LeVine' dlevine@...
        [multimachine] wrote:

        > Pat and Shanon,
        >
        > Take a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXDOvAa6Mus and see an
        > industrial equivalent of a Multimachine. I have never seen a machine
        > like it.

        > "A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the
        > advice."
        >
        > Bill Cosby

      • Christophe Malvasio
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 28, 2014
          hi
          the next gen of this kind is called a scara
          a scara will also work as 3d printer and do electronic
          it will not be as big and will be 100% automated
          so peoples as disabled as me will finally be able to work
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 28, 2014
            I think two points were missed:

            1.) The ways are round stock.

            2.) The auxiliary spindle.

            advice."

            Bill Cosby
          • rigmatch
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 30, 2014
              What a beautiful machine!
              Inspired me to think about a new (and needed) machine since the concrete lathe is just a lathe and the MM has too short a bed:

              Consider this:
              A fixed concrete lathe type bed and carriage

              Elevating MM main block headstock with interchangeable spindles, raised and lowered by an acme screw running in the camshaft galley . (need some ideas about improving the plate setup)

              A multimachine type lockable sliding plate assembly to hold the 2 pieces together. It would be backed by big springs that keep the headstock in alignment with the bed when the clamps are loosened.

              A powered aux spindle could be added.

              I think it would be a really cheap but all-purpose machine

              If anyone is interested, I'll do one of my very crude drawings