Re: [multimachine] Re: following up

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 27, 2013
      Darren, it worked OK for me. What did Yahoo do on your end?

      http://books.google.com/books?id=_NMDAAAAMBAJ&lpg=PA160&dq=pulley%20crown%20sander&pg=PA160#v=onepage&q&f=false

      --I've taken to using Mr. because my name misleads folks on the WWW. I am a 57 year old fat man.

      On 9/27/2013 9:19 AM, Darren M wrote:

      > Shannon I would love to read the article but alas, Yahoo killed your
      > tiny url. As much as it pains me, could you post the entire address
      > (then I can have the joyous fun of rebuilding it so it works)
      >
      > Thanks, Darren M
      >
      > Say "NO/NEO"

    • Darren M
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 28, 2013
        Well, as is usually the case Yahoo broke up the link by adding spaces which I have become proficient at eliminating. lol But even with the link reconstructed I got a 404 error. I even went to the group and copied the link, removed the Yahoo installed gaps but still got the same 404. However, I just recently started a gmail account to start replacing my Yahoo email account and per Kobus's recommendation forwarded it there. Bam, it worked!

        Darren M.

        Say "NO/NEO"

        --- In multimachine@yahoogroups.com, Shannon DeWolfe <sdewolfe@...> wrote:

        > Darren, it worked OK for me. What did Yahoo do on your end?
        >
        > http://books.google.com/books?id=_NMDAAAAMBAJ&lpg=PA160&dq=pulley%20crown%20sander&pg=PA160#v=onepage&q&f=false
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Mr. Shannon DeWolfe
        > --I've taken to using Mr. because my name misleads folks on the WWW. I am a 57 year old fat man.
        >
        > On 9/27/2013 9:19 AM, Darren M wrote:
        > >
        > > Shannon I would love to read the article but alas, Yahoo killed your
        > > tiny url. As much as it pains me, could you post the entire address
        > > (then I can have the joyous fun of rebuilding it so it works)
        > >
        > > Thanks, Darren M
        > >
        > > Say "NO/NEO"

      • Kobus Van der Walt
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 28, 2013
          Pleasure Darren M
          sure they will get their ducks in a row now...  :)

          " how to fix yahoo, use google?"
          :)

          On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 4:05 PM, Darren M <ram50v8efi@...> wrote:

          Well, as is usually the case Yahoo broke up the link by adding spaces which I have become proficient at eliminating. lol But even with the link reconstructed I got a 404 error. I even went to the group and copied the link, removed the Yahoo installed gaps but still got the same 404. However, I just recently started a gmail account to start replacing my Yahoo email account and per Kobus's recommendation forwarded it there. Bam, it worked!

          Darren M.

          Say "NO/NEO"

          --- In multimachine@yahoogroups.com, Shannon DeWolfe <sdewolfe@...> wrote:

          > Darren, it worked OK for me. What did Yahoo do on your end?
          >
          > http://books.google.com/books?id=_NMDAAAAMBAJ&lpg=PA160&dq=pulley%20crown%20sander&pg=PA160#v=onepage&q&f=false
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Mr. Shannon DeWolfe
          > --I've taken to using Mr. because my name misleads folks on the WWW. I am a 57 year old fat man.
          >
          > On 9/27/2013 9:19 AM, Darren M wrote:
          > >
          > > Shannon I would love to read the article but alas, Yahoo killed your
          > > tiny url. As much as it pains me, could you post the entire address
          > > (then I can have the joyous fun of rebuilding it so it works)
          > >
          > > Thanks, Darren M
          > >
          > > Say "NO/NEO"

        • oldstudentmsgt
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 28, 2013
            It's a lot easier to just copy and paste it into your browser of choice, and delete the blank spaces in the tiny URL. There won't be NEARLY so many of them! ;)

            HTH!

            Bill in OKC

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 28, 2013
              Actually, we stole it from an Irishman, IIRC. Jonathan Swift.

              Bill in OKC