following up

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 27, 2013
      I sometimes tend to be too curious for my own good. I started reading
      about crowns on pulleys. Most everything I found was about providing
      crowns for wide leather belts for power transmission. I was curious if
      the crown recommended for belt sanders was more or less than the specs I
      found for leather belts. The search phrase "crown pulley sander" lead me
      to an article I thought you guys would be interested in seeing. Need a
      belt sander? Got a table saw?

      http://tinyurl.com/table-sander

      It looks odd but it is a good URL that takes you to a 1966 Popular
      Mechanics article.

      --I've taken to using Mr. because my name misleads folks on the WWW. I am a 57 year old fat man.
    • Darren M
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 27, 2013
        Shannon I would love to read the article but alas, Yahoo killed your tiny url. As much as it pains me, could you post the entire address (then I can have the joyous fun of rebuilding it so it works)

        Thanks, Darren M

        Say "NO/NEO"

        --- In multimachine@yahoogroups.com, Shannon DeWolfe <sdewolfe@...> wrote:

        > I sometimes tend to be too curious for my own good. I started reading
        > about crowns on pulleys. Most everything I found was about providing
        > crowns for wide leather belts for power transmission. I was curious if
        > the crown recommended for belt sanders was more or less than the specs I
        > found for leather belts. The search phrase "crown pulley sander" lead me
        > to an article I thought you guys would be interested in seeing. Need a
        > belt sander? Got a table saw?
        >
        > http://tinyurl.com/table-sander
        >
        > It looks odd but it is a good URL that takes you to a 1966 Popular
        > Mechanics article.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > --
        > Mr. Shannon DeWolfe
        > --I've taken to using Mr. because my name misleads folks on the WWW. I am a 57 year old fat man.

      • Kobus Van der Walt
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 27, 2013
          i forward the mails to gmail  Darren M

          is a yahoo not a idiot in american english? http://www.thefreedictionary.com/yahoo

          had a look at http://opensourceecology.org/ earlier today- seems like they are doing well, 6th version of their LifeTrac

          regards
          Kobus

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 27, 2013
            Darren, it worked OK for me. What did Yahoo do on your end?

            http://books.google.com/books?id=_NMDAAAAMBAJ&lpg=PA160&dq=pulley%20crown%20sander&pg=PA160#v=onepage&q&f=false

            On 9/27/2013 9:19 AM, Darren M wrote:

            > Shannon I would love to read the article but alas, Yahoo killed your
            > tiny url. As much as it pains me, could you post the entire address
            > (then I can have the joyous fun of rebuilding it so it works)
            >
            > Thanks, Darren M
            >
            > Say "NO/NEO"

          • Darren M
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 28, 2013
              Well, as is usually the case Yahoo broke up the link by adding spaces which I have become proficient at eliminating. lol But even with the link reconstructed I got a 404 error. I even went to the group and copied the link, removed the Yahoo installed gaps but still got the same 404. However, I just recently started a gmail account to start replacing my Yahoo email account and per Kobus's recommendation forwarded it there. Bam, it worked!

              Darren M.

              Say "NO/NEO"

              --- In multimachine@yahoogroups.com, Shannon DeWolfe <sdewolfe@...> wrote:

              > Darren, it worked OK for me. What did Yahoo do on your end?
              >
              > http://books.google.com/books?id=_NMDAAAAMBAJ&lpg=PA160&dq=pulley%20crown%20sander&pg=PA160#v=onepage&q&f=false
              >
              > Regards,
              >
              > Mr. Shannon DeWolfe
              > --I've taken to using Mr. because my name misleads folks on the WWW. I am a 57 year old fat man.
              >
              > On 9/27/2013 9:19 AM, Darren M wrote:
              > >
              > > Shannon I would love to read the article but alas, Yahoo killed your
              > > tiny url. As much as it pains me, could you post the entire address
              > > (then I can have the joyous fun of rebuilding it so it works)
              > >
              > > Thanks, Darren M
              > >
              > > Say "NO/NEO"

            • Kobus Van der Walt
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 28, 2013
                Pleasure Darren M
                sure they will get their ducks in a row now...  :)

                " how to fix yahoo, use google?"
                :)

                On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 4:05 PM, Darren M <ram50v8efi@...> wrote:

                Well, as is usually the case Yahoo broke up the link by adding spaces which I have become proficient at eliminating. lol But even with the link reconstructed I got a 404 error. I even went to the group and copied the link, removed the Yahoo installed gaps but still got the same 404. However, I just recently started a gmail account to start replacing my Yahoo email account and per Kobus's recommendation forwarded it there. Bam, it worked!

                Darren M.

                Say "NO/NEO"

                --- In multimachine@yahoogroups.com, Shannon DeWolfe <sdewolfe@...> wrote:

                > Darren, it worked OK for me. What did Yahoo do on your end?
                >
                > http://books.google.com/books?id=_NMDAAAAMBAJ&lpg=PA160&dq=pulley%20crown%20sander&pg=PA160#v=onepage&q&f=false
                >
                > Regards,
                >
                > Mr. Shannon DeWolfe
                > --I've taken to using Mr. because my name misleads folks on the WWW. I am a 57 year old fat man.
                >
                > On 9/27/2013 9:19 AM, Darren M wrote:
                > >
                > > Shannon I would love to read the article but alas, Yahoo killed your
                > > tiny url. As much as it pains me, could you post the entire address
                > > (then I can have the joyous fun of rebuilding it so it works)
                > >
                > > Thanks, Darren M
                > >
                > > Say "NO/NEO"

              • oldstudentmsgt
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 28, 2013
                  It's a lot easier to just copy and paste it into your browser of choice, and delete the blank spaces in the tiny URL. There won't be NEARLY so many of them! ;)

                  HTH!

                  Bill in OKC

                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 28, 2013
                    Actually, we stole it from an Irishman, IIRC. Jonathan Swift.

                    Bill in OKC