Today's 2+ Gig machining file upload all in one place

    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 12, 2013
    • Jose Manuel Luis
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 13, 2013
        Thank you!
        You've just made a very happy man!!

        Jose.

        From: Pat
        Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2013 2:22 AM
        Subject: [multimachine] Today's 2+ Gig machining file upload all in one place

        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 13, 2013
          Thanks Jose
          I did not want this stuff to get lost when I was not able to maintain it anymore. I got a lot of this from sites that aren't there any longer.

          I hope this is just the beginning and that you guys keep filling in the blanks.

          Pat

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 13, 2013
            THANKS Mr. Pat!!!

              There is a LOT of info there, and I thought I was going to get something done this weekend. :)  There is not much more valuable than knowledge.

            STAN!
            toolfools.com/forum

            --- In multimachine@yahoogroups.com, Pat Delany wrote:

            > Thanks Jose
            > I did not want this stuff to get lost when I was not able to maintain it anymore. I got a lot of this from sites that aren't there any longer.
            >
            > I hope this is just the beginning and that you guys keep filling in the blanks.
            >
            > Pat
            >

            > ________________________________

          • David Hair
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 13, 2013

            Pat, Do you have this on lathe bed design,

            Message 6 of 13 , Jul 13, 2013
              Thanks David
              I added it (I think). Don't know how long it takes to update.

              Pat

              Message 7 of 13 , Jul 13, 2013
                On 07/13/2013 12:25 PM, David Hair wrote:

                Attachment(s) from David Hair

                1 of 1 File(s)

                David,

                Very good find.

                "A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

                Message 8 of 13 , Jul 13, 2013
                  We owe so much to Joe Romig, I hope we have everything he did but I am afraid we don't.

                  Pat

                  Message 9 of 13 , Jul 13, 2013
                    Why so many old books? The answer is one word "workholding". Different slants on how to hold the workpiece are worth a lot if your resources are limited.

                    Pat

                    We owe so much to Joe Romig, I hope we have everything he did but I am afraid we don't.

                    Pat

                    On 07/13/2013 12:25 PM, David Hair wrote:
                    Attachment(s) from David Hair
                    1 of 1 File(s)

                    David,

                    Very good find.

                    "A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

                    Bill Cosby

                  • pokerbacken
                    Message 10 of 13 , Jul 14, 2013
                      Speaking about old machining books, the book "The watchmakers' lathe, its use and abuse" has several useful work-holding devises I have found of use, it also has other useful stuff like grinding attachments and wheel cutting attachments.
                      mine is a paper copy, but from what I seen in the link below after quick skim no different from the online version.

                      http://archive.org/details/watchmakerslathe00good

                      Message 11 of 13 , Jul 14, 2013
                        This is a great book!

                        Pat

                        Speaking about old machining books, the book "The watchmakers' lathe, its use and abuse" has several useful work-holding devises I have found of use, it also has other useful stuff like grinding attachments and wheel cutting attachments.
                        mine is a paper copy, but from what I seen in the link below after quick skim no different from the online version.

                        http://archive.org/details/watchmakerslathe00good

                        --- In multimachine@yahoogroups.com, Pat Delany <rigmatch@...> wrote:

                        > Why so many old books? The answer is one word "workholding". Different slants on how to hold the workpiece are worth a lot if your resources are limited.
                        >
                        > Pat

                      • pokerbacken
                        Message 12 of 13 , Jul 15, 2013
                          yes, a watchmaker/instrumentmaker more or less make everything on the lathe to high pressision and is more or less self going as to toolmaking... mainly because "everything" in the buissness was poorly standardized untill late thirties (if at all), so to repair old stuff we make tools as we go in many cases, and we still have to keep pressision.
                          scaling many of these things up would work well in many cases I think.

                          Message 13 of 13 , Jul 15, 2013
                            That's what my efforts are all about, to give people a Chinese menu of different ways to make very low cost tools and to let mechanical people mix and match ways of doing things.
                            It would be great to have a mindset equally comfortable with concrete, scrap, Romig and watchmaker's techniques.

                            Pat