A very important project

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2013
      Grinding lathe cutting tools is getting to be a lost art yet used to be a big part of being a machinist.

      Many people have trouble converting a drawing into a properly ground shape (especially me!) I wonder if someone good at 3D drawing could make some kind of a visual aid that could better describe the process than conventional engineering drawings do.

      Some time back I saw a book published in 1888 that did a much better job at this than many later books do.