Re: STEEL VISE BENCH

  • oldhermit
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 6, 2013
      Anybody know what the plants in the bottom photos are, swamp cabbage maybe?
      Harold

      --- In multimachine@yahoogroups.com, "benjaminbof" <benjaminbof@...> wrote:

      > made with SAE 1070 spring leaf hot forged, annealed and welded with AWS 7018
      >
      > http://www.flickr.com/photos/26640803@N02/

    • Benjamin Bof
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 6, 2013
        Oldhermit, plants are cattails which grows in marshes. Our development with Peggy Korth in San Antonio TX, USA is to get ethanol from stems. Roots are as yuca edible by natives and flower can be eated with butter and  bread natural or cooked by steam.Are million of square miles in Pantanal, Esteros del Ibera and marshes of our region with this natural plants.
        Regards
        Ben

        On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 7:35 AM, oldhermit <orwhut@...> wrote:

        Anybody know what the plants in the bottom photos are, swamp cabbage maybe?
        Harold

        --- In multimachine@yahoogroups.com, "benjaminbof" <benjaminbof@...> wrote:

        > made with SAE 1070 spring leaf hot forged, annealed and welded with AWS 7018
        >
        > http://www.flickr.com/photos/26640803@N02/

      • Nick Andrews
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 7, 2013

          An invasive weed!  I sell them to people for their ponds.  I have a small variety that only gets 2 feet tall.  I just bought a new variegated variety in Denver that has vertical white stripes on the leaves.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 7, 2013
            They are also a primary indicator that you should not drive your vehicle into that area unless you want to spend many hours with a come-along and jacks.

            My grandfather told me: "Tanks don't go where the cat-tails grow."
          • Steve Wan
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 7, 2013
              Hi Pierre

              Wonder you got my msg from Harbour Freight discount machines?
              They mentioned no such offer...

              Steve Wan

              On 7/8/13, Pierre Coueffin <pcoueffin@...> wrote:
              > They are also a primary indicator that you should not drive your vehicle
              > into that area unless you want to spend many hours with a come-along and
              > jacks.
              >
              > My grandfather told me: "Tanks don't go where the cat-tails grow."

            • Kobus Van der Walt
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 8, 2013
                Sorry- but how do you harvest? with difficulty of course..

                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 8, 2013
                  Thank you, Benjamin.