Re: [multimachine] Are there any stories and videos of multimachines running?

  • Kobus Van der Walt
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 2, 2013
      Or just do what Pat said. Use gravity, available in abundance and free. And in any bearing nut there have to be play- otherwise it cant work.

      On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 7:30 AM, Kobus Van der Walt <kvdwalt@...> wrote:
      hi a friend of mine and member of www.house4hack.co.za use a masonry drill bit for lead screw- 200 step stepper motor- in 3D printing. Over here we buy it for $15. I know this has been mentioned before.

      The nut is made from PLA or ABS plastic. And since it is his Z axis(the one that go up and down?) he use gravity for anti backlash. But i moved the axis - there is very little play on. He senses his printing bed and do levelling with software- so his Z axis move up and down all the time. And in 3D printing the tolerances are very fine as well. So maybe gravity can also be used in machine design for this "problem"?

      regards
      Kobus

      On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 11:23 AM, Steve Wan <stewan@...> wrote:

      Hi Guys

      Here's the video of a DIY lathe, not sure the base contains any filled
      cement or at the headstock. Very impressive and easy to build.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwmpFI1kDww

      Steve Wan