Lathe progress

  • Gregg
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2013
      Good morning.

      I planned to start my build but Pat told me in an email Saturday my dimensions were too small. I tried to scale everything down 50% to reduce storage space. I am going to try again with a 9 inch headstock but my carriage is probably going to be smaller than the plans.

      I did a grout test to see if it was truly non-shrink. I put two rods in a plastic container and filled it with grout. Each rod stuck out of the grout five inches. I measured between the rods all weekend trying to detect movement. Its not laboratory precision but i expected at least some movement. There is none that i can see.

      Gregg