Re: Newbie asks dumb question about using a small engine as a lathe headstock

  • Bungee
    Message 1 of 11 , May 19 7:53 PM
      Hello all.

      I am glad I posted here. The engine is a vertical shaft and would need to be mounted on its side on a frame. I never èven considered lubrication and just assumed it would work by splash like a horizontal. Need to put some more thought into that.

      I am reading on the concrete lathe and it is sounding really fun. And there is a bonus of getting a very useful tool at the end.

      The engine lathe idea is basically to complete some wood projects I have and to start a better lathe. I work for the US gov and have allot of furlough days coming before the end of the year. Need a project to occupy the time that won't get too expensive.

      Thanks for all the ideas,