Re: [multimachine] Jeremmy

    Message 1 of 10 , May 10, 2013
      Thank you Mike

      Nothing from Jeremmy, Last time he was in the hospital the only way he had to contact me was from a passing visitor's laptop.

      Pat

      Message 2 of 10 , May 13, 2013
        Hi Pat ,
                    Interesting idea not sure it is suitable but the site as some good information .

        Message 3 of 10 , May 13, 2013
          Great!

          Thanks Mike!

          Message 4 of 10 , May 13, 2013
            On 05/13/2013 06:56 AM, michael broadbent wrote:

            Hi Pat ,
                        Interesting idea not sure it is suitable but the site as some good information .
            Mike

            What I find interesting is that the long tail does not provide any steering, only propulsion.  This means that if the shaft or guard hits an obstruction, there is little (if any) damage to it.  The rudders (in this case two of them) also will pivot if hit.

            Since Jeremmy will be in an area where damage due to such obstructions might be a severe disadvantage, such a drive system is a huge advantage.  Having a "spring throttle" (i.e. it goes to idle when released) will be a necessity, imagine being in the middle of the lake when an obstruction is hit, no damage to the vessel, but the operator falls overboard.  The boat stops rather than leaving him with a many mile swim to shore.

            "A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

            Bill Cosby
          • greg123452003
            Message 5 of 10 , May 13, 2013
              --- In multimachine@yahoogroups.com, "David G. LeVine" <dlevine@...> wrote:

              > On 05/13/2013 06:56 AM, michael broadbent wrote:
              > >

              > > http://longtailboats.webs.com/
              > > Hi Pat ,
              > > Interesting idea not sure it is suitable but the site as
              > > some good information .
              > > Mike
              >
              > What I find interesting is that the long tail does not provide any
              > steering, only propulsion. This means that if the shaft or guard hits
              > an obstruction, there is little (if any) damage to it. The rudders (in
              > this case two of them) also will pivot if hit.
              >
              > Since Jeremmy will be in an area where damage due to such obstructions
              > might be a severe disadvantage, such a drive system is a huge
              > advantage. Having a "spring throttle" (i.e. it goes to idle when
              > released) will be a necessity, imagine being in the middle of the lake
              > when an obstruction is hit, no damage to the vessel, but the operator
              > falls overboard. The boat stops rather than leaving him with a many
              > mile swim to shore.
              >
              > Dave 8{)

              You're comparing chalk to cheese. The videos show a cat not the usual single hull fishing boat. Totally different concept for a totally different purpose.
            • michael broadbent
              Message 6 of 10 , May 14, 2013
                Hi
                      not sure who added the comment below, but as far as I am aware no comparison was made just comments on the ideas.

                You're comparing chalk to cheese. The videos show a cat not the usual single hull fishing boat. Totally different concept for a totally different purpose.

                As to comparing chalk to cheese with some of these modern ideas about cheese  the chalk is probable more healthier to eat .

                Mike

                > On 05/13/2013 06:56 AM, michael broadbent wrote:
                > >

                > > http://longtailboats.webs.com/
                > > Hi Pat ,
                > >            Interesting idea not sure it is suitable but the site as
                > > some good information .
                > > Mike
                >
                > What I find interesting is that the long tail does not provide any
                > steering, only propulsion.  This means that if the shaft or guard hits
                > an obstruction, there is little (if any) damage to it.  The rudders (in
                > this case two of them) also will pivot if hit.
                >
                > Since Jeremmy will be in an area where damage due to such obstructions
                > might be a severe disadvantage, such a drive system is a huge
                > advantage.  Having a "spring throttle" (i.e. it goes to idle when
                > released) will be a necessity, imagine being in the middle of the lake
                > when an obstruction is hit, no damage to the vessel, but the operator
                > falls overboard.  The boat stops rather than leaving him with a many
                > mile swim to shore.
                >
                > Dave  8{)

                You're comparing chalk to cheese. The videos show a cat not the usual single hull fishing boat. Totally different concept for a totally different purpose.

                ------------------------------------

                -------------
                We have a sister site for files and pictures dedicated to concrete machine framed machine tools. You will find a great deal of information about concrete based machines and the inventor of the concrete frame lathe, Lucian Ingraham Yeomans. Go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Multimachine-Concrete-Machine-Tools/

                Also visit the Joseph V. Romig group for even more concrete tool construction, shop notes, stories, and wisdom from the early 20th Century.

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)