Re: downloading rare content was Re: [multimachine] Jeremmy in Kenya has a problem

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 14 11:38 AM
      Thanks guys

      The backplate I have in mind is for a (my) 6" chuck and is a simple 6" x 6" cast cylinder that has a deep grove cut into it so that steel nuts can be used to attach the chuck..
      Attaching the chuck to the spindle could be to use 2 clamp bolts on each side or as simple as my favorite innovation, turning the spindle to the ID of an available piece of pipe, carving nut shaped holes over the ends of the clamp bolt holes, inserting nuts and driving on the pipe (with matching holes) to retain the nuts.

      The beautiful thing (I think) is that a wooden back plate could be made to machine the metal one.

      Drawing for this is at

      00 pulley/faceplate/hub  in the Photo section

      If you like this I hope you will remember it because I think it has a bunch of uses for people who have little to work with.

      Pat