shop tools

  • Barry Tabor
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2013

     Handy stuff for us MultiMachine folks.

    Bandsaw design came out of the late 1940s, and made up with black iron pipe.  Mine uses cast zinc bearings, and works pretty well on light work.  Next one will be more rigid, but this one serves for most tasks.

    Boring table ought to scale up and adapt to the multimachine, and give a good way to handle bigger work.  Aligned and accurate boreholes are a good thing to be able to do, and considerably increase the range of work that can be handled.  Since the multimachine is one of them things that need to be as versatile as possible, a boring table for the saddle would be a natural expansion of it.

    Have used etcher to put graduation marks on assorted things, mostly saw tables, and matchup lines on things that ought to be aligned before you run 'em....  This design is a good one, and the best I found for 220-50 cycle current, which a lot of the world uses.  I usually coat with wax on the metal, because slitting a stencil gives a wider line than is good in most metalwork.  Using a scribe on a wax or asphalt-based coat gives a very fine

    line that can be etched deep enough to see well, even in less-than-brilliant light.

    Am busy with one of the radial drills now.  Adapting it to the ratchet drill has been a matter of making up hardware after figuring it out first.  I got a little beforehand making on the hardware before I finished figuring it out, so I have had the privelege of doing parts of it over....

    Barry Tabor

    NW Arkansas

    Easter Sunday, 2013.