Re: [multimachine] Re: Time for a new project?

  • Bruce Bellows
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 31, 2013
      Up to now the focus of this forum has been to enable people in third world countries to acquire the machinery and the skills to learn and produce mechanical parts themselves and to a great extent I feel Pat that with the assistance of other members of the group you have succeeded in that endevour. Having said that I also feel that taking on a CNC project would take this group in a direction 180 degrees from that focus. I don't see that as a bad thing, it is what it is. From my experience of a decade ago in the printing machinery industry many third world economies intentionally shunned printing presses with the automation because they couldn't work on them themselves and outside technicians are very expensive for them to bring in. For much the same reason a CNC project may not be of much interest to them even though the technology level has increased also.

      As for myself I'm very interested in a CNC project as we are planing to build one for our hobby shop in the coming year. The yahoo group DIY-CNC is also a good group for reference.

      Bruce Bellows

      On 3/24/2013 10:55 AM, Pat Delany wrote:
      I guess what I am looking for is a way to use steel plate and concrete to build a practical CNC lathe and/or mill frame.

      Pat