Testbed #3 and threading

  • drpshops
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2013
      Hello Group
      Today I got all the parts finished and hooked up to
      use testbed #3 to do threading.
      It did good, even with a few problems.
      The chain and sprocket system worked fine,I used #40 roller chain.
      The leadscrew is a 3/4-10tpi allthread.

      I power it by hand,with a crank on the lead shaft.It is kind of idea
      that the 9x20 lathe group seem to use a lot.
      It seems to work good because of the fact that when the slack is
      taken up ,every thing is time correct.

      I fastened the nut on the mill/drill table on the side of the ways.

      I think the leadscrew on the concrete lathe could be on the front,
      instead of the center and function fine.
      It would simplify the construction of the machine a great deal.
      You only have to build one leadscrew for it..