Re: [multimachine] CNC prototyping/crazy idea

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 17, 2013
      On 03/17/2013 05:05 PM, Pat Delany wrote:

      Whoops!
      Sent my post too soon. What I have been thinking about is a poor man's version of a CNC toolchanger. A mill would have two spindles, each mounted in the end cylinders of a 3 cylinder (geo metro? engine block). The center cylinder bore would contain a shaft that could be used as a pivot. When one spindle was in use the other spindle would be rotated out of the way, retracted, and the cutting tool  manually changed.  Hard for me to explain, I'll try to draw it.

      Pat

      Here is the same mechanism run by EMC2 (LinuxCNC).  Since it works well, maybe the MM could be run similarly...