Re: [multimachine] Re: don't try to make a multimachine out of this

    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 15, 2013
      On 03/11/2013 10:49 PM, jgmrequel wrote:
      Is there any tips for finding small engine blocks for homemade horizontal mills? I guess I'm spoiled with craigslist, but not sure where to look.

      Start with rebuilders, machine shops and scrap yards.  A common engine with a rod through the side is probably not very valuable for rebuilding, it can still make a good multimachine.  An old straight 8 or 6 may be a good candidate, there were LOTS of 4.0 Liter Jeeps.