Re: Dave or someone,e-leadscrew question now Same stuff different use!

  • stan campbell
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2013
      Yep, It's just the different ways that the same things are put together is what is interesting! I do remember when parts guys knew their parts, not just their keyboard. I hate going on a "strange part" mission nowdays. The internet makes it easier for me. There are dozens of businesses that have lost my business because of the "We don't sell that kind of equipment part here" When actually they do. I bet I spend in the mid 6 figure range on material and parts a year
      . I try to buy at local places where I can browse, talk and think. I get lost in Lowes. Can't find the forest because of the trees. The old hardware stores are the greatest. The one I go to half the salesmen were there when the place opened in '52 and have trained the young ones well.
        Anyway, the interesting usage of common parts is what makes especially this forum a great read, and I want a mill too!