Re: [multimachine] Re: making flat surfaces?

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 8, 2013

      To add to Ian's comment, rotating the plates lets you make spherical section lenses...

      On Jan 7, 2013 11:16 PM, "Ian Newman" <ian_new@...> wrote:

      Hi Mr Hulk,

      You are correct in your reasons for making surface plates in threes.  If made as a pair one plate ends up domed and the other with a depression - rotating the plates only makes this situation worse.

      All the best,
      Ian.