Re: [multimachine] Mr. Yeomans

  • Theodore Hahn
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2012
      Thank you very interesting, T.J.

      From: Shannon DeWolfe <sdewolfe@...>
      To: multimachine@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2012 7:38 AM
      Subject: [multimachine] Mr. Yeomans

      Greetings all,

      I was contacted by the granddaughter of L.I. Yeomans's personal
      secretary. I am very grateful that she took the time to let me know that
      her mother (now 80) was pleased that Mr. Yeomans has gained some
      notoriety. Her Mom remembers him well and fondly. She gave me lots of
      information that I can use to correct and expand the original article I
      wrote -- when I can find the time and gumption all at once.

      I thought this would amuse some of you. I have no doubt that L.I.
      Yeomans was a genius. He was more accomplished at age 19 than I have
      managed in a lifetime. Here is a bit of information that reinforces my
      opinion of him;

      "... he had difficulty finding draftsmen because all the new graduates
      used slide rules and he wanted someone who could do the calculations in
      his head like he did."

      That was passed down from mother to daughter to daughter to us.

      --I've taken to using Mr. because my name misleads folks on the WWW. I am a 56 year old fat man.