Nano lathe

  • rampaginggreenhulk
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 19, 2012
      available at littlemachineshop.com for 350$. I can't remember if anyone alluded to it's availability (in the US). I have no connection with them whatsoever, just pointing it out. When I get out to Nebraska I just might buy one (pending availability of job/funds). I had expected it to be priced considerably higher. And no at this point I don't know anything about it's quality, you should do your own research.
    • rampaginggreenhulk
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 19, 2012
        and the reality is I'm not sure why they decided to make a watchmaker style lathe out of this one. Why not build it akin to the smaller Prazis, which would give it much more stability? You could look into modifying it (oi vay ripping it down and rebuilding it) w/a welded steel foundation or one of cast aluminum, like the older SD-300s.