Re: [multimachine] Tubal-cain

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 13, 2012
      Tubal Cain was the pen-name of a regular contributor of Model Engineer Magazine in the '60's and '70's.  He published several books on metal working under that name.  I believe he died in the early '90's.

      One of his fans maintains a youtube channel under that name demonstrating machining techniques.
    • A LEACH
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 14, 2012
        Hi
        His books are still going and give a good basic guide to metal working skills.
        Alan

        Tubal Cain was the pen-name of a regular contributor of Model Engineer Magazine in the '60's and '70's.  He published several books on metal working under that name.  I believe he died in the early '90's.

        One of his fans maintains a youtube channel under that name demonstrating machining techniques.

      • Ian Newman
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 14, 2012
          Hi,

          Tubal Cain also published a number of books and articles under his real name - T. D. Walshaw.

          Walshaw was also a Mason, and Tubal Cain has Masonic connections.

          All the best,
          Ian.

          Sent from my iPad

          On 14 Dec 2012, at 18:08, A LEACH <fulford27@...> wrote:

          Hi
          His books are still going and give a good basic guide to metal working skills.
          Alan

          Tubal Cain was the pen-name of a regular contributor of Model Engineer Magazine in the '60's and '70's.  He published several books on metal working under that name.  I believe he died in the early '90's.

          One of his fans maintains a youtube channel under that name demonstrating machining techniques.

        • Bruce Bellows

            Tubal Cain was the pen-name of a regular contributor of Model Engineer Magazine in the '60's and '70's.  He published several books on metal working under that name.  I believe he died in the early '90's.

            One of his fans maintains a youtube channel under that name demonstrating machining techniques.

          • Chris Tofu
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 14, 2012
              Tubal Cain, the first, is from the book of Genesis. Oi whatever.
            • Bruce Bellows
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 14, 2012
                Here is a index and link to all the Tubal Cain You Tube machining videos.

                http://www.neme-s.org/Tubalcain/machine_shop_tips.htm

                Bruce

                On 12/13/2012 9:37 PM, Pierre Coueffin wrote:

                Tubal Cain was the pen-name of a regular contributor of Model Engineer Magazine in the '60's and '70's.  He published several books on metal working under that name.  I believe he died in the early '90's.

                One of his fans maintains a youtube channel under that name demonstrating machining techniques.

              • oldhermit
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 16, 2012
                  Tubal Cain's voice reminds me of an actor who's name I don't remember. I think he appeared on The Twilight Zone and lots of westerns.. On the rare occasions that I catch a look at Tubal's face, I'm surprised he's not that actor.
                  Harold