Newbie

  • Dick
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2012
      Hi,
      Just a little bit to introduce my self. I am a US expat, retired and living in an RV in Nicaragua. I have been here a year and just got permanent residency and now am hoping that I can get my VW dune buggy legalized. It is presently hidden in the jungle so it doesn't get confiscated. I am trying to get it legal as a "classic" car and submitted a bunch of paperwork three days ago. Wish me luck!
      This being the second poorest country in the Americas, there are few modern conveniences and/or machines. I talked to another expat two weeks ago and learned that he was threshing beans with a stick! I got to this site by looking for treadle powered machines. My thinking is that a treadle (both feet) may be more powerful and physically sustainable than a bicycle powered machine? I have made a few things since I have been here: a vibrator washing machine, universal log tenoner, rustic lounge swing/bed, and a bouncy swing. I.m hoping to make a treadle powered genset out of a treadmill motor that I brought down with me. I have quite a few tools that I brought down and most of the time there is electricity so I should be able to do quite a bit.
      OK, that's it for now
      RWC