Re: [multimachine] Re: Jeremmy in Kenya has a problem

  • John Kiely
    Message 1 of 41 , Dec 2, 2012
      Sometimes you have to use what is to hand.
      But agreed a simple standard drum would be too thin, so in that case you could fill it with concrete and fix a metal shaft through the center?
      This would give the weight needed, an axle through the center, if metal is in short supply it need only go some of the way through and even if the outer metal skin starts to break and wear it shouldn't matter to much.

      John Kiely (IRL)

      Message 41 of 41 , Apr 15 8:27 PM
        Had not heard from Jeremmy in a few days, turns out that his malaria kicked in again and he was back in hospital. He was able to borrow a visitor's laptop to let me know.

        When he gets out, I'm going to wire him $30 to buy aluminum scrap. He has been trying to collect aluminum for months but has only come up with a stack of clutch disks from a tractor. Can't imagine what kind of an alloy it would be.

        Pat