Re: [multimachine] Round bed lathe, current production

  • jacques
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 11, 2012
      any price

      for kit

      thsi kind of  marketting  is hate here in canada

      probaly no distributor in canada or montreal or quebec city

      we just do not exist

      maybe if i place a order  i can  see the price  but maybe not

      just pay

      jack 47'N 71'W

      Seig tools has an interesting "nano" lathe.  See http://www.siegind.com/products_detail/&productId=dd19912f-7363-451f-9976-0acb12c65127&comp_stats=comp-FrontProducts_list01-1325833166395.html for details.  Please note that this has a round bed!

      "The first method for estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him."
      Niccolo Machiavelli

      NOTE TO ALL:

      When forwarding emails, please use only "Blind Carbon Copy" or "Bcc" for all recipients. Please "delete" or "highlight & cut" any forwarding history which includes my email address! It is a courtesy to me and others who may not wish to have their email addresses sent all over the world! Erasing the history helps prevent Spammers from mining addresses and viruses from being propagated.

      THANK YOU!
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 11, 2012
        That is so cute!

        Drummond strikes again! It probably has a triangular key just like the original.

        Pat

        --- In multimachine@yahoogroups.com, "David G. LeVine" <dlevine@...> wrote:

        > Seig tools has an interesting "nano" lathe. See
        > http://www.siegind.com/products_detail/&productId=dd19912f-7363-451f-9976-0acb12c65127&comp_stats=comp-FrontProducts_list01-1325833166395.html
        > for details. Please note that this has a round bed!

        > /"The first method for estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look
        > at the men he has around him."/
        > Niccolo Machiavelli
        >
        > /
        > NOTE TO ALL:
        >

        > When forwarding emails, please use only "Blind Carbon Copy" or "Bcc" for
        > all recipients. Please "delete" or "highlight & cut" any forwarding
        > history which includes my email address! It is a courtesy to me and
        > others who may not wish to have their email addresses sent all over the
        > world! Erasing the history helps prevent Spammers from mining addresses
        > and viruses from being propagated. /
        >
        > THANK YOU!

      • Ian Newman
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 11, 2012
          Hi Jack.

          I don't know how long you spent looking for a Candian price for the Nano lathe but I would guess your best bet would have been to click on the link on the Sieg page labelled "Distributor"

          http://www.siegind.com/distributor.html

          You will find a link to their Canadian distributor - http://www.busybeetools.com/

          All the best,
          Ian

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 11, 2012

            I find one in Ottawa

            Butno answer for the moment

            How much  it cost  in usa

            Jack 47.n71W

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 11, 2012
              Jacques,

              The Nano Lathe is $350 at LittleMachineShop.com

              They also sell conversion kits to convert the lathe to mill/drill for $130.

              http://www.littlemachineshop.com/products/product_category.php?category=824543683

              --I've taken to using Mr. because my name misleads folks on the WWW. I am a 56 year old fat man.

              On 11/11/2012 4:18 PM, jacot wrote:
              > How much it cost in usa
            • jacot
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 11, 2012
                Good deal

                I hope I can have something like this at ottawa

                Thenk a lot

                Jack 47.n71'w

                Jacques,

                The Nano Lathe is $350 at LittleMachineShop.com

                They also sell conversion kits to convert the lathe to mill/drill for $130.

                http://www.littlemachineshop.com/products/product_category.php?category=824543683

                --I've taken to using Mr. because my name misleads folks on the WWW. I am a 56 year old fat man.

                On 11/11/2012 4:18 PM, jacot wrote:
                > How much it cost in usa

                ------------------------------------

                We have a sister site for files and pictures dedicated to concrete machine framed machine tools. You will find a great deal of information about concrete based machines and the inventor of the concrete frame lathe, Lucian Ingraham Yeomans. Go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Multimachine-Concrete-Machine-Tools/

                Also visit the Joseph V. Romig group for even more concrete tool construction, shop notes, stories, and wisdom from the early 20th Century.
                -------------Yahoo! Groups Links
              • Chris Tofu
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 15, 2012
                  remember there was the Wade round bed, the Drummond, more current Hobbymats/Prazi models, Unimat of course. That thing resembles a few different makes of watchmaking stuff.
                   It might be that in general round bed lathes were made for low cost model engineering, and consequently were short on extreme accuracy. There's a Wade in Ohio somewhere on eBay. Personally I always wanted a Drummond (round bed). Interesting design.
                   Also note that there are true round bed lathes, 1 or 2 bar, then semi round (flatted) models like Prazi.

                  From: David G. LeVine <dlevine@...>