Re: [multimachine] Good drawing tool

  • jacques
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 3, 2012
      i MIST  SOME  POST APPARENTLY

      WHAT IS THE SOFWARE  DO YOU PSEAK A BOUT

      is it  free or not

      it is not clear to me

      sorry fir bad english

      I have to translate drom french

      jack 47'N 71'W

      I find Sketchup incredibly easy to use, especially compared to AutoCAD (although less powerful) ... and I use it almost on a daily basis.  Are you guy struggling with it?  I could dedicate some time to work on it ...

      I like the idea of going with something the 3D printers can use, but IMO the ideal candidate would be exportable to be used in AutoCAD, for 3d printers, etc.

      Have a decent sized bid today, I'll play with Tinkercad after.

       - Adam

      On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 6:29 AM, Pat Delany <rigmatch@...> wrote:

      Still in NY. I kept moving the computer until I found a hotspot that is better if not good.
      I need to attempt Tinkercad so that I can do my best to support the machines when the next MAKE comes out.

      Open source hardware means either the arduino chip or 3D printing to most people but I had to try.

      Pat

      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 3, 2012
        Thanks Adam
        I am just not good at drawing programs.

        What I would like to do is to spend time on an idea I had about grinding HSS to the proper shapes for cutting tools. Lathes are not much use if the user does not have carbide tools or is not able to grind tools.
        Several months ago I had an idea about a simple fixture that would make it easy to scribe the proper profile on each side of the bit. I had wanted my son to help me research a patent for it but he is too busy. I am just going to figure out how to draw it and then I will release it to the world.

        Pat

        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 3, 2012
          Tinkercad.com

          On 10/2/2012 7:12 PM, Pat wrote:
          > It costs 10 bucks a month but seems MUCH easier to use than Sketchup.

          --I've taken to using Mr. because my name misleads folks on the WWW. I am a 56 year old fat man.

        • Adam Simmons
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 3, 2012

            do you feel comfortable emailing me your hand sketches and I'll see if i can work them up in Sketchup?

            email me direct if you want to.

             - Adam

            Tinkercad.com

            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 3, 2012

              can you be more  explicited  for me

              what is  grinding HSS

              is it  grinding  pheric  mirror  or parabolic  form

              intriging

              jack 47'N 71'W

              NB  for
              Tinkercad.com   curious  marketting

              we used cad intensivly for a week after  nothing  for mounth   or y

                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 3, 2012
                  Thanks Adam!!!!
                  I really would like to get the powered aux spindle drawings in the MAKE project redone. My bad drawings start about step 132.

                  Pat

                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 3, 2012

                    ok

                    we call it  tool steel

                    easy to  modify  and  easy to  get it  harder afrer

                    jack 47"N 71'W