Re: [multimachine] Good drawing tool

  • Adam Simmons
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 3, 2012
      I find Sketchup incredibly easy to use, especially compared to AutoCAD (although less powerful) ... and I use it almost on a daily basis.  Are you guy struggling with it?  I could dedicate some time to work on it ...

      I like the idea of going with something the 3D printers can use, but IMO the ideal candidate would be exportable to be used in AutoCAD, for 3d printers, etc.

      Have a decent sized bid today, I'll play with Tinkercad after.

       - Adam

      On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 6:29 AM, Pat Delany <rigmatch@...> wrote:

      Still in NY. I kept moving the computer until I found a hotspot that is better if not good.
      I need to attempt Tinkercad so that I can do my best to support the machines when the next MAKE comes out.

      Open source hardware means either the arduino chip or 3D printing to most people but I had to try.

      Pat

      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 3, 2012
        i MIST  SOME  POST APPARENTLY

        WHAT IS THE SOFWARE  DO YOU PSEAK A BOUT

        is it  free or not

        it is not clear to me

        sorry fir bad english

        I have to translate drom french

        jack 47'N 71'W

        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 3, 2012
          Thanks Adam
          I am just not good at drawing programs.

          What I would like to do is to spend time on an idea I had about grinding HSS to the proper shapes for cutting tools. Lathes are not much use if the user does not have carbide tools or is not able to grind tools.
          Several months ago I had an idea about a simple fixture that would make it easy to scribe the proper profile on each side of the bit. I had wanted my son to help me research a patent for it but he is too busy. I am just going to figure out how to draw it and then I will release it to the world.

          Pat

          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 3, 2012
            Tinkercad.com

            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 3, 2012

              do you feel comfortable emailing me your hand sketches and I'll see if i can work them up in Sketchup?

              email me direct if you want to.

               - Adam

              Tinkercad.com

              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 3, 2012

                can you be more  explicited  for me

                what is  grinding HSS

                is it  grinding  pheric  mirror  or parabolic  form

                intriging

                jack 47'N 71'W

                NB  for
                Tinkercad.com   curious  marketting

                we used cad intensivly for a week after  nothing  for mounth   or y

                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 3, 2012
                    Thanks Adam!!!!
                    I really would like to get the powered aux spindle drawings in the MAKE project redone. My bad drawings start about step 132.

                    Pat

                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 3, 2012

                      ok

                      we call it  tool steel

                      easy to  modify  and  easy to  get it  harder afrer

                      jack 47"N 71'W