Re: [multimachine] second half of the project post

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29 7:53 PM
      Thanks Dave
      I have long felt that it is wrong to believe in anything that has the first letter of its name in upper case. I really believe this. Good things are love, keeping one's word, kindness, persistence and machine people. Named things are usually ridiculous because the bureaucrats have taken over.

      My latest scheme is to crowdsource the whole process of spreading the word.

      To understand what I am trying to say, check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_crowdsourcing_projects

      I would use multiple, existing crowdsource channels to host projects in:

      Vetting and improving the design
      Designing the logo
      Improving the manual;
      Translating the literature
      Distributing the idea
      The use of the machine in education
      The use of concrete in other kinds machine tools.

      All these steps are based on the idea that the question becomes the answer. Properly done (with a little prize money) bright, ambitious people from all over the world would have a reason to really think about the concrete lathe project and no large organizations would have to be involved.

      For the TED prize application (wiki TED), (due Aug 31)

      I really want opinions about this.

      Pat