Re: [multimachine] Re: 8 inch hole in contrete

  • Nick Andrews
    Message 1 of 16 , May 7 7:21 AM
      For that, I would probably make a square hole with a circular saw and an abrasive masonry blade, then just cast a tapered concrete plug for the hole.  I would have a steel loop through it and attach a cable to lift it, with a piece of PVC pipe extending from the surface down to the lid for access.  You will need to clean up the corners, or you could leave them and form your plug to sit on the lip left there by the blade.

      On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 7:02 AM, jacques <jacquessavard@...> wrote:

      normaly the cover is easy to remove
      but here the cover is deep about 4 feeth

      we need some rapid ans easy solution to do the job

      it is about 3 feeth wide and 4 inch stick on the side but probaly only 2
      inch to cut at center

      only have to make a clean job not only a cut

      thank to all

      i probaly try the sand and tube solution

      jack 47'n 71'W

      --
      Nick A

      "You know what I wish?  I wish that all the scum of the world had but a single throat, and I had my hands about it..."  Rorschach, 1975

      "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

      "Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them." Bill Vaughan

      "The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
    • oldhermit
      Message 2 of 16 , May 7 10:41 AM
        Jack,
        I'd was having problems with my septic tank and didn't want to dig up the trap door every time I wanted to check the level of sludge inside. To gain a peep hole, I cast a new lid for the trap door with a 4 inch threaded plastic fitting and plug in the middle. This eliminated the need to cut a new hole.

      • Adam Simmons
        Message 3 of 16 , May 7 10:49 AM
          the sand/tube solution looks like a huge waste of time.  if you need a clean hole, blow out a section, get some sonotube and grout it in place.

        • Gordon Haag
          Message 4 of 16 , May 7 5:40 PM
            Like Howard said: How hard would it be to cast a new lid?

            Gordon