Re: Concrete lathe, horizontal and vertical mill and drill

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23, 2012
      No, the vertical slide would have a full size lathe bed and would be fixed in place. The headstock would go up and down and would have different spindles in different cylinder bores.
      The way I imagine it, the top cylinder could be the overarm, next down would be the lathe chuck and below that the a fast milling spindle.
      Much easier to do it this way than to build a 50 to 3000 rpm spindle that would do everything.
      I would start with a 75 rpm spindle that would fit a lathe chuck and also an arbor for a horizontal milling cutter that would be used to refine the cross slide, tool post and tooling.

      Pat