Re: [multimachine] Desktop lathe question

  • Nick Andrews
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 1, 2011
      Most batch plants will add the cut fibers to your mix for about $5/yard.  Or you can buy 5lbs off ebay for  a few dollars.  They will help prevent shrinkage cracking.  I plan on using them in some concrete countertop projects I have in mind.  I may try to cast a bathroom counter with integral sink, and would use these fibers.

      On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Pat Delany <rigmatch@...> wrote:

      How about fiber cut from nylon carpet?

      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 1, 2011
        be careful when using fibers when you want a good surface finish (like a countertop) as they can pop out of the polished surface.