Re: [multimachine] Re: Desktop lathe question

  • warren hughes
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 31, 2011
      Mr. Shannon I feel your pain . My name is Danne it might as well be sue. so I Go by my first Warren

      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 1, 2011
        Most batch plants will add the cut fibers to your mix for about $5/yard.  Or you can buy 5lbs off ebay for  a few dollars.  They will help prevent shrinkage cracking.  I plan on using them in some concrete countertop projects I have in mind.  I may try to cast a bathroom counter with integral sink, and would use these fibers.

        On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Pat Delany <rigmatch@...> wrote:

        How about fiber cut from nylon carpet?

        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 1, 2011
          be careful when using fibers when you want a good surface finish (like a countertop) as they can pop out of the polished surface.

          --
          Nick A

          "You know what I wish?  I wish that all the scum of the world had but a single throat, and I had my hands about it..."  Rorschach, 1975

          "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

          "Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them." Bill Vaughan

          "The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

        • Nick Andrews