Re: [multimachine] Descendents of L. I. Yeomans

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 18 9:04 AM
    Good morning all,

    Mr. Mueller sent me a lot of information. He has given me permission to post a photo of his grandfather. I do not know the date, but Mr. Yeomans is obviously an older man here. He was only 67 when he passed away in 1954. See the attachment. I have compressed this A LOT to save bandwidth.

    Pat, I am NOT wonderful. Mr. Yeomans was a wonderful man. His ability to identify a problem and find a solution (over 80 patents!), his contribution to the WWI armament effort, his continuing contribution to industry, labor relations, and machine tools in general made him a wonderful man. You are a wonderful man. Your dream of changing the world by educating people to the usefulness of old technology is revolutionary in concept and will be revolutionary in action. If you are right, if the concrete machine tool idea can change the endless cycle of famine, poverty, and war, you will have a place in history alongside Mr. Yeomans.

    --I've taken to using Mr. because my name misleads folks on the WWW. I am a 55 year old fat man.

    On 9/16/2011 11:13 PM, Pat Delany wrote:
    Shannon,
    You are wonderful!

    Message 2 of 6 , Sep 18 9:51 AM
      What can I say except thanks.
      I have been berating myself about all the things I have failed at (one of those nights!).

      Pat

[...]

        "You can always spot an honest politician, six feet above his head is a
        large granite stone with his name on it"
      • Richard
        Message 4 of 6 , Sep 19 7:52 AM
          --- In multimachine@yahoogroups.com, Pat Delany <rigmatch@...> wrote:

          > What can I say except thanks.
          > I have been berating myself about all the things I have failed at

          It is only because you are willing to fail that you accomplish what you do.

          Kudos from an admirer.