Some resources from Google books re: belts and pulleys, and foundry work...

  • oldstudentmsgt
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 7, 2010
      Title: Foundry practice: a text book for molders, students and apprentices

      file size 9.77MB

      <http://books.google.com/books?id=0qBIAAAAMAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=foundry&hl=en&ei=NozWTNPQC4LInAetjP3DAw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CC8Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false>

      Title: A treatise on belts and pulleys: Embracing full explanations of fundamental

      file size 4.96MB

      <http://books.google.com/books?id=ciFHAAAAIAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=pulleys+and+belts&hl=en&ei=jI3WTOS1JYm_nAeg5sDiCQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CDQQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false>

      At www.google.com/books, search on "foundry" for the first, and "belts and pulleys" on the second if the links don't work. If you can't see them, or download them, let me know, and I'll download and chop them up to a size that fits in your email box.

      HTH!

      Bill in OKC
    • o1bigtenor
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 7, 2010
        On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 4:33 AM, oldstudentmsgt <wmrmeyers@...> wrote:
        > Title: Foundry practice: a text book for molders, students and apprentices
        >
        > file size 9.77MB
        >
        > <http://books.google.com/books?id=0qBIAAAAMAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=foundry&hl=en&ei=NozWTNPQC4LInAetjP3DAw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CC8Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false>
        >
        > Title: A treatise on belts and pulleys: Embracing full explanations of fundamental
        >
        > file size 4.96MB
        >
        > <http://books.google.com/books?id=ciFHAAAAIAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=pulleys+and+belts&hl=en&ei=jI3WTOS1JYm_nAeg5sDiCQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CDQQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false>
        >
        > At www.google.com/books, search on "foundry" for the first, and "belts and pulleys" on the second if the links don't work. If you can't see them, or download them, let me know, and I'll download and chop them up to a size that fits in your email box.
        >
        > HTH!
        >
        > Bill in OKC

        Were you able to download a copy? If so, how?

        I don´t think that Google lets anyone outside of the USA download any
        of these gems!!

        Darald
      • Jose Luis
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 7, 2010
          Well at least I can't even read them.
          I can only see the front cover and the links to online bookstores that sells them.
          I'm outside the USA

          José

          Sent: Sunday, November 07, 2010 12:43 PM
          Subject: Re: [multimachine] Some resources from Google books re: belts and pulleys, and foundry work...

          href="http://books.google.com/books?id=0qBIAAAAMAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=foundry&hl=en&ei=NozWTNPQC4LInAetjP3DAw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CC8Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false">http://books.google.com/books?id=0qBIAAAAMAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=foundry&hl=en&ei=NozWTNPQC4LInAetjP3DAw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CC8Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false>

          href="http://books.google.com/books?id=ciFHAAAAIAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=pulleys+and+belts&hl=en&ei=jI3WTOS1JYm_nAeg5sDiCQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CDQQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false">http://books.google.com/books?id=ciFHAAAAIAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=pulleys+and+belts&hl=en&ei=jI3WTOS1JYm_nAeg5sDiCQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CDQQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false>

          At www.google.com/books, search on "foundry" for the first, and "belts and pulleys" on the second if the links don't work. If you can't see them, or download them, let me know, and I'll download and chop them up to a size that fits in your email box.

          > HTH!
          >
          > Bill in
          OKC

          Were you able to download a copy? If so, how?

          I don´t think that Google lets anyone outside of the USA download any
          of these gems!!

          Darald

        • Alan Millar
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 7, 2010
            > I don´t think that Google lets anyone outside of the USA download any
            > of these gems!!

            The Internet Archive also has many, many scanned copies of old books.
            I would encourage anyone looking for old books (or who finds a book in
            Google Books, but can't download it) to look there also.

            Check out

            www.archive.org/details/texts

            and

            www.openlibrary.org

            I found Foundry Practice at

            http://www.archive.org/details/foundrypracticet00palm

            and Belts & Pulleys at

            http://www.archive.org/details/treatiseonbeltsp00cromrich

            I'm in the USA so I'm not completely sure if you can download them
            from elsewhere, but please give it a try and let us know if that
            works.

            The Internet Archive started the "Million Books Project" with several
            university libraries before Google Books was around. Being non-profit
            (and not Google :-) it doesn't have the high visibility that Google
            Books has. But you will find books there that even Google Books
            doesn't have yet.

            - Alan
          • michael broadbent
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 7, 2010
              Hi,
                  I am in the UK and have just download as a PDF file.Took a few seconds to load  but downloaded with no problems.
              Mikeafloat

              > I don´t think that Google lets anyone outside of the USA download any
              > of these gems!!

              The Internet Archive also has many, many scanned copies of old books.
              I would encourage anyone looking for old books (or who finds a book in
              Google Books, but can't download it) to look there also.

              Check out

              www.archive.org/details/texts

              and

              www.openlibrary.org

              I found Foundry Practice at

              http://www.archive.org/details/foundrypracticet00palm

              and Belts & Pulleys at

              http://www.archive.org/details/treatiseonbeltsp00cromrich

              I'm in the USA so I'm not completely sure if you can download them
              from elsewhere, but please give it a try and let us know if that
              works.

              The Internet Archive started the "Million Books Project" with several
              university libraries before Google Books was around.  Being non-profit
              (and not Google :-) it doesn't have the high visibility that Google
              Books has.  But you will find books there that even Google Books
              doesn't have yet.

              - Alan

              ------------------------------------

              -------------
              We have a sister site for files and pictures dedicated to concrete machine framed machine tools. You will find a great deal of information about concrete based machines and the inventor of the concrete frame lathe, Lucian Ingraham Yeomans. Go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Multimachine-Concrete-Machine-Tools/

              Also visit the Joseph V. Romig group for even more concrete tool construction, shop notes, stories, and wisdom from the early 20th Century.

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  multimachine-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  multimachine-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Jose Luis
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 7, 2010
                Hie,
                I've been using archive.org for quite a while, I already sent severall links from it to the list and I can download from them as long as the books aren't digitized by Google.
                If they are I can't download them.
                But thank you!

                José.

                Sent: Sunday, November 07, 2010 6:11 PM

                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 7, 2010
                  On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Alan Millar <amillar503@...> wrote:
                  >> I don´t think that Google lets anyone outside of the USA download any
                  >> of these gems!!
                  >
                  > The Internet Archive also has many, many scanned copies of old books.
                  > I would encourage anyone looking for old books (or who finds a book in
                  > Google Books, but can't download it) to look there also.
                  >
                  > Check out
                  >
                  > www.archive.org/details/texts
                  >
                  > and
                  >
                  > www.openlibrary.org
                  >
                  > I found Foundry Practice at
                  >
                  > http://www.archive.org/details/foundrypracticet00palm
                  >
                  > and Belts & Pulleys at
                  >
                  > http://www.archive.org/details/treatiseonbeltsp00cromrich
                  >
                  > I'm in the USA so I'm not completely sure if you can download them
                  > from elsewhere, but please give it a try and let us know if that
                  > works.
                  >
                  > The Internet Archive started the "Million Books Project" with several
                  > university libraries before Google Books was around.  Being non-profit
                  > (and not Google :-) it doesn't have the high visibility that Google
                  > Books has.  But you will find books there that even Google Books
                  > doesn't have yet.
                  >
                  > - Alan

                  Thank you for your work sir!!

                  I have both books downloading as I type!!

                  I just wish Google weren´t so USA centric!!

                  Darald