Re: Chuck thread register

  • george_ewen
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6 8:37 PM
      The chuck thread register is VERY important. A loose fit on the
      register will cause very bad chatter. Finishing the register on the
      multimachine is the right way to go. This is the method that I used
      on the small model lathe that I built.

      Another source of info on the chuck register is in "The Shop Wisdom
      of Frank McLean" sold by The Village Press. For those in Canada it
      can also be obtained at Lee Valley Tools.

      George

      --- In multimachine@yahoogroups.com, "Pat Delany" <rigmatch@y...>