concrete strength through mass

  • sdewolfe@cricketlady.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2010
    Howdy,

    Attached are four images that clearly show how a thicker section is much
    better when building with concrete. These benches all see the same duty.
    The thick section benches show no wear at all.

    Regards,

    Shannon DeWolfe at work
  • Lance
    Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2010
      NB:

      Not only is the bed thicker
      but the supports are spaced better
      for more support in the center of the beam.

      Good idea for us too.

      lance
      +++++

      Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2010
        You said it well Lance. Maybe we should go for a little beauty also.

        Pat

        Message 4 of 6 , Sep 1, 2010
          We need to find out more about this. The pictures in the Machinery article show some pretty thin structural castings.

          Pat

          Message 5 of 6 , Sep 1, 2010
            Pat,

            Are you referring to the vertical features at each end of the bushing
            housings? I think those are steel plates attached to the armature of the
            bed.

            --I've taken to using Mr. because my name misleads folks on the WWW. I am a 54 year old fat man.

            Message 6 of 6 , Sep 1, 2010
              That's what I was thinking of. I lost that list of his other patents that you sent, maybe the answer is in those. He may have used thin sections to hasten curing time. For us though I think thick sections are best.