Re: Farm Show

  • ebyrd68
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 2, 2010
      Hey Pat and Group,

      I sent a letter to Farm Show requesting they include the Multi-Machine into an upcoming issue. I got a reply that maybe you guys can act on since I'm still in the planning and acquiring stages of building mine. Below is my email and Marks reply.

      Good Luck and I'll bet you can get it in.
      Bob
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 2, 2010
        Bob,

        Costas did a great build recently and documented
        his approach and mods in the Photos section of
        the web site.

        Also, he posted lots of text explaining what and
        why.  Search the archives for his posts.

        Hey-O Costas.. are you still out there ?!

        lance
        ++++

        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 2, 2010
          This is really great! I can barely walk because of a bad disk but I'll find a way to take my MM apart if more pics are needed. More ideas tomorrow.

          Pat

          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 3, 2010
            Isn't there enough pictures and stuff in the group folders to use or in the "book"? Someone in the group should have some photos of their build.  You might be able to use snippets / anecdotes of builds from the group, have testimonials from builders,etc. I've seen write-ups on several websites that might be able to quote, about the usefulness, etc.

            Farm Show should be able to put an article together if you get them the info.

            I know how you feel with your back. I blew mine several years ago. Adding the bum hip and knee,  I'm a wreck that found a place to happen.

            I hope you all have a good Easter, our local kids will need snow shoes to hunt for Easter eggs. We got 6" of snow yesterday.

            BTW, did you guys see the clip about the Honeywell wind generator, that will work with 2 mph wind? To bad it wasn't an open source type build, so it didn't have such a hefty price tag.  Couple it to a battery bank, and a multi-machine, there is not much you couldn't get done.

            Bob
          • ebyrd68
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 3, 2010
              OOPS !

              Here is the link to the Wind Genny I forgot:

              Browse through gizmag. There is a lot of content that should be of interest ot MM entusiasts. Hey, come to think of it, maybe you should send the the links  and info about the MM.

              Later,
              Bob
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 4, 2010
                Many thanks Bob! I'm trying to use Sketchup to draw a new lathe bed and carriage idea I have, It should be cheaper, much stronger and much easier to build than a Romig design. I had gotten to realize that Romig ideas just might not scale well. I also wanted to get away from having to finish the plate edges so that the clamps would have a flat surface to mount on.

                Pat

                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 5, 2010
                  A bad drawing is at http://tinyurl.com/y9pbaal. I will try to do a better Sketchup drawing in a few days. The carriage is built from 2 main parts instead of 4 or 5, 1/2" and 3/4" keystock is used instead of more flexible angle iron to locate these main parts and this should be a much stronger design (I think). Let me know if I have screwed up somewhere.

                  Pat