How did that commercial slip in under the radar?

  • serge.vereecke
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2010
      What's with that moneymaking ad , are these commercial bits really necessary?
      Is this for some get rich quick scheme?
      Is anyone monitoring this?
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2010
        --- In multimachine@yahoogroups.com, "serge.vereecke" <serge.vereecke@...> wrote:

        > What's with that moneymaking ad , are these commercial bits really necessary?
        > Is this for some get rich quick scheme?
        > Is anyone monitoring this?

        Somebody used Keith's ID to slip this in. Don't understand it at all.

        Pat
      • hepps_29646
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1, 2010
          I don't understand how they do it either but I'm in another group where someone uses the ID of upstanding members including the group's owner to slip in filthy, disgusting statements. It causes lots of trouble.
          Harold

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 1, 2010
            Hello Pat
             I did not put that on the site.
             They used my E-Mail  and pirated my address.
             I am not happy about the pirateing  of my  address.

            > What's with that moneymaking ad , are these commercial bits really necessary?
            > Is this for some get rich quick scheme?
            > Is anyone monitoring this?

            Somebody used Keith's ID to slip this in. Don't understand it at all.

            Pat

          • Donald H Locker
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 1, 2010
              There has been a rash of Internet Explorer (brought to you by MicroS**t) exploits in the last week. Make sure your anti-malware suites are up-to-date and operating properly, or that you are using a non-MS operating system. I've had to deal with four hacks on three machines in the last two days.

              Another reason to run a Linux or Solaris machine - the security was built in before the networking was attached.

              Donald.
               They used my E-Mail  and pirated my address.
               I am not happy about the pirateing  of my  address.

              > What's with that moneymaking ad , are these commercial bits really necessary?
              > Is this for some get rich quick scheme?
              > Is anyone monitoring this?

              Somebody used Keith's ID to slip this in. Don't understand it at all.

              Pat
            • Bruce Bellows
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 1, 2010

                Keith,

                you will need to set up a  new address and get yahoo to delete the old one. This seems to be a regular occurrence with yahoo addresses.

                Bruce

                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 2, 2010
                  Hello Bruce
                   Whoever this person is , I think is in the group. This person just seem to randomly
                   chooses a name to use.
                   This person choose a differant name for the MM libary group and sent the same
                   thing to it.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 2, 2010
                    Banning the member and deleting their messages has worked for my
                    groups. Sometimes you have to ban them two or three times before they
                    get the message but it is worth the effort.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 2, 2010
                      I doubt that it is really anyone here. I don't have access to a proper mail examination tool out here, but I'm quite certain that when I do get a look at this email, it will have come from a random non-existent computer. Your email address, which is discoverable almost anywhere, was just used as the From: field to get the email past Yahoo's front gates.

                      Donald.

                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 2, 2010
                        Hello Donald
                         You are right, they are some spook computer,te people are like  cockroches
                         hide when the light comes on.
                         Let's put an end to this thread and get on with building machines.
                        Our mission is to build machines.

                        ----- "keith gutshall" <drpshops@yahoo. com> wrote:

                        > Hello Bruce
                        > Whoever this person is , I think is in the group. This person just
                        > seem to randomly
                        > chooses a name to use.
                        > This person choose a differant name for the MM libary group and sent
                        > the same
                        > thing to it.
                        >
                        > Keith
                        >
                        > Deep Run Portage
                        > Back Shop
                        > " The Lizard Works"

                      • Bruce Bellows
                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 3, 2010
                          The person may not be a member, people gain access to email data bases to take control of an address for their own use. I've known other people, not here in this group, to have their email hijacked. And they also used yahoo as their email account, they then had to change their account address. Coincidence, maybe.

                          Bruce