18060Re: [multimachine] Trying again with Sketchup

    Jul 22, 2014
      Christophe,

      Pat does not need me to defend him. But I will anyway. You do not know
      him. I don't know him well. But I know him well enough to know that
      making money on the misfortune of others is not something that would
      have crossed his mind.

      The device he is working on, and has been working on for years, is a
      walker that will assist a person from a sitting position on the floor.
      He wants it to be compact and light so a person who can barely walk
      (like himself) can use it in the house. Pat is, even at 79, a big man.
      If he falls in the house and cannot lift himself he will be right where
      he falls until help can be summoned.

      Pat is not a wealthy man. He is spending money on this device that he
      could use elsewhere. There are no large corporations interested because
      the market for the device is too small. It isn't worth it to them to do
      the R&D. But, if the device is not protected by patent unscrupulous
      companies will certainly run with the idea and charge way more to all
      people, rich and poor alike, than Pat or his heirs would.

      --I've taken to using Mr. because my name misleads folks on the WWW. I am a 58 year old fat man.

      On 7/22/2014 2:47 PM, Christophe Malvasio arsdmthe@...
      [multimachine] wrote:
      > hi
      > i live in a electrical wheeling chair and i tell you :
      > 1) your device is just a lie
      > 2) with patent you only contribute to make poor people more poor
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic