18050Re: [multimachine] Developing country "Cole" drill

    Jul 15, 2014
      On 07/15/2014 06:02 PM, Pat Delany rigmatch@... [multimachine] wrote:
      The tree stump drill was one of my 3AM ideas that are always "iffy" but I just gave myself another project about how to use vice grip pliers to build a pocket sized Cole drill.

      I'll bet you guys could come up with some ideas here.

      Pat,

      How about a "C" clamp based Cole type drill?

      Put the bearing and drive on the "fixed" end and use the screw to apply pressure to the back side.  Use pipe spacers to prevent the drilling from damaging the clamp.

      "A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice."