17856Alexis, if you are still monitoring,

    Nov 20, 2013
      I saw this setup on Craigslist and it reminded me of your need for a big
      turning machine for metal spraying.

      http://easttexas.craigslist.org/tld/4203194915.html

      That commercially built machine is for turning big tanks for welding.
      The pillow blocks can be set at any of the positions you see along the
      length of the I beams to support diameters from large to extremely
      large. The non-powered end can be placed at any distance from the
      powered end to accommodate length. The powered end has a throughput
      gearbox on the motor side to feed the other gearbox. There are two bars
      stowed one on each side in the angle iron troughs on the main beams. I
      can only speculate that they are provided to lengthen the drive shaft
      between the gearboxes.

      I beam frames built in-house, eight pillow blocks, big casters
      (wheelbarrow wheels?), and means to power one end (chain drive?) might
      be a less expensive alternative.

      -- I've taken to using mister because my name misleads folks on the WWW. I am a 57 year old fat man. ;-)