17561Re: [multimachine] Re: any hobby machinist in the same area

    Aug 18, 2013
      On 08/18/2013 09:39 AM, n9viw wrote:
      > I do have the Gingery series, but as most of my work is in steel, I'm thinking the MM is a better match. Already have my mind spinning with the concept of making a mill/drill by mounting a x/y table with a long x run on a degree table, so I can turn it 90* to the headstock and use it as a short-table lathe rather than having the lathe out one side and the mill out the other. Just ideas for now, but we'll see how it goes!
      > Regards,
      > Nick (Macomb)

      Beware! If you make a lathe/boring machine with tools coming out of
      both sides of the spindle, some will run backwards and you can not
      safely use threaded chucks under those conditions as they will spin off
      at the worst times.