17106Re: [multimachine] Re: cooling concerns

    May 9, 2013
      On 05/09/2013 04:20 AM, greg123452003 wrote:
      > However these are air-cooled motorcycle engines NOT fan-force cooled engines like lawnmowers. These motorcycle engines WILL nip up and seize if there is not a sufficient flow of air over them. Sure a fan and shroud can be added if needed, but it would be very useful to know what is being designed. Without knowing the parameters of the most likely boat and the intended usage this is all wild speculation.

      Air cooled motor cycle engines idle at low load, at high speed there is
      lots of airflow, at low speed, not much. A boat will almost always be
      slow to speed up, hence my concern for additional cooling since the
      amount of time at slow speed will affect the engine temperature.

      advice."