      From: greg123452003 <greg123452003@...>
      To: multimachine@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, 9 May 2013, 9:20
      Subject: [multimachine] Re: cooling concerns

      --- In multimachine@yahoogroups.com, HB <scfpigs@...> wrote:

      > I don't see that making any difference in the use of old or newer air-cooled small engines
      > They are also using modern small engines NOW without any extra cooling modifications just like the way they did with the older engines.

      However these are air-cooled motorcycle engines NOT fan-force cooled engines like lawnmowers. These motorcycle engines WILL nip up and seize if there is not a sufficient flow of air over them. Sure a fan and shroud can be added if needed, but it would be very useful to know what is being designed. Without knowing the parameters of the most likely boat and the intended usage this is all wild speculation.

      Is the need for a high speed boat to get to more distant fishing grounds and return in a day? Is the boat going to be trawling or even pair trawling? Is the engine needed to help push the boat through the vast expanses of introduced water weeds that are choking large parts of Lake Victoria? Without knowing what the needs are you cannot design a successful solution. And remember an unsuccessful solution wipes out the purchaser's financial viability.

      Design something that's half-baked and it will be like the tens of thousands examples of previous aid lying around Africa, Asia, the Pacific and South America, scrapped and unused.

      To provide a solution, you first need to know what to problem to be solved is.

      ------------------------------------

      -------------
      We have a sister site for files and pictures dedicated to concrete machine framed machine tools. You will find a great deal of information about concrete based machines and the inventor of the concrete frame lathe, Lucian Ingraham Yeomans. Go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Multimachine-Concrete-Machine-Tools/

      Also visit the Joseph V. Romig group for even more concrete tool construction, shop notes, stories, and wisdom from the early 20th Century.

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)